Update - Qualifier Results here!!
Workouts and Movement Standards here!!
Athlete Profiles here!!
Online registration closes this Friday March 20!!
Crossfit North East England (CFNEE) is extremely proud to have been chosen to organise the inaugural European Regional Qualifier for the CrossFit Games. We are happy to be working with Crossfit Northern Ireland who have opened their facility to us for this event.
The primary aim of the weekend is to select 3 men and 3 women to represent our region at the 2009 Crossfit Games in Aromas California. Just as importantly,it's a chance to get together and celebrate the training philosophy and lifestyle that binds us.
Details of the workouts will be posted on this site on Friday 27 March, 2009 along with clear description of the standards of movement that will be expected. These standards will be rigorously enforced. If you do not train at a Crossfit gym be very sure that you are confident with your ability and form. We do not wish for anyone to be disappointed or waste their money.
If your sights are set on competing at the Games, you will need to complete the workouts as prescribed. If any of the workouts exceed your current capacity then scaling will be possible but you will not be eligible to qualify for the Crossfit Games.
If your Affiliate desires to be of assistance to our Regional Qualifiers in anyway, please let us know by contacting Chris Kemp email@example.com . We will take all comers who offer help to ensure that we make this qualifier the best it can be.
CFNEE will be putting together a list of volunteers who will judge the participants. If you and your box have qualified trainers, coaches, and members who would like to be a part of our staff for the qualifiers please contact Chris Kemp firstname.lastname@example.org . We will also be accepting loans for equipment from our Affiliate neighbors and CrossFit family to ensure that we have everything needed for the qualifier.
Location: elite400 CrossFit Northern Ireland, UK (details here)
When: Saturday 4 April & Sunday 5 April 2009
Places: 100 competitors
Entry cost: £50.00
Registration: Click here to register
Contact: Chris Kemp
Travel and Accomodation Information
- You can also fly into Dublin airport. You will have a 2 hour drive North to reach CrossFit Northern Ireland
- The Ashburn Hotel is about 2 miles from the gym and practically beside Lurgan train station (mention CrossFit when booking as they’re offering a discount rate)
- The Seagoe Hotel is around 5 miles from the gym
- Ballydougan Cottages are around 5 miles from the gym
- The Carngrove Hotel, tel 02838 339222 is around 5 miles from the gym
- The Days Hotel in Belfast is 25 miles from the gym and right next to Great Victoria Street railway station. At the station take the express to Lisburn and get off at ‘Lurgan’ station. Walk left out of the station and Anytime Taxi depot is just ahead of you on the right-hand side of the road.
- Anytime taxis, Lurgan, tel: 02838 344345 will be on hand to pick-up competitors from the airports